High Mast LED Lighting - Dallas/Fort Worth
In the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding communities, schools and businesses of all kinds have come to know and depend upon Add-All Electric for our ability to maintain, repair, install and retrofit high mast lighting. High mast lighting is used to light wide areas in commercial, industrial, and public spaces. Perhaps most commonly found along streets and highways, high mast lighting is also used for parking lot lighting, stadium and sports field lighting. With our fleet of bucket trucks, we install, maintain and repair high mast lighting up to 75 feet tall. When needed, we can also repair, maintain or install high mast lighting up to 150 feet tall.
Mercury Vapor Lighting
- Many know mercury vapor lighting as the workhorse lights that lit streets and highways starting at the beginning of the last century. Over time mercury vapor lights came under scrutiny due to concerns about their energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. Since 2008, the import or manufacturing of mercury vapor ballast has been prohibited but the lamps themselves are allowed to remain in service. As Mercury Vapor lights burn out, they are required to be replaced. If you have mercury vapor lighting that needs replacement, call Add-All electric for information on our LED Replacement lighting.
High Pressure Sodium Lights vs LED
High pressure sodium lights, a type of high-intensity discharge (HID) gas discharge lamp, became popular at the middle of last century and were once the standard in streetlights and parking lot lighting. Still in use today, high pressure sodium lights have good efficiency compared to their predecessor (the low-pressure sodium light) and they last longer (14,000 hours). But high-pressure sodium lights take between 15 and 20 minutes to come on full-strength. LED lights, comparatively, have no warm-up time and reach maximum brightness instantly. And while high pressure sodium lights can last for 14,000 hours, LED lights can last from 50,000 to 100,000 hours or more. Additionally, LED lights are extremely energy efficient. Today, we repair and maintain high-pressure sodium lights, but many companies are asking us to replace their high-pressure sodium lights with an LED replacement.
Metal Halide Lighting
In the 1960’s, metal halide lighting was introduced. Metal halide lights are also a type of HID lamp. They are similar to mercury vapor lighting because mercury is used, but the mercury is mixed with metal bromides which make the light brighter. When metal halide lights were introduced, they not only provided brighter light, they improved efficiency. Because brighter lights make safer areas, metal halide was used often in parking lot lights.
Metal halide lights do have drawbacks. Like high pressure sodium lights, they take 15-20 minutes to get to full brightness. This means you need to know exactly when you need the light and turn the lights on 15-20 minutes earlier. This is not necessarily a problem if your lights are used regularly at the same time, but it causes a problem when there is a power outage. Because of this drawback, many companies are asking us to perform a HID LED retrofit.
High Mast Lighting Maintenance Repair & Installation
Regardless of the type of lights you have, if you have high mast lighting in need of maintenance, repair or you need a brand-new installation, contact Add-All Electric for a FREE Estimate. Our team of electricians have extensive experience with all types and brands of high mast lighting.
LED High Mast Lighting
At Add-All Electric we install and retrofit LED’s for high mast lighting on a regular basis. LED lighting just makes sense from many perspectives:
- LED lighting comes on instantly. There is no warm-up time.
- LED’s are highly efficient compared to their predecessors.
- LED lights can last from 50,000 to 100,000 hours or more before needing replacement.
- When we price out LED high mast lights for new installs, the price comes out to be almost the same as a metal halide but the cost over time works out to be a savings due to less wattage usage and fewer replacement requirements over the length of ownership.
Get A FREE High Mast Lighting Price Quote
Whether your high mast lighting needs are small or large, we are honored to serve you. While we consider ourselves the best high mast lighting company in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, we know you will be the judge of that. We invite you to read our customer reviews and decide for yourself.